Freitag, 15. Januar 2016

Operation:Icestorm - PanOceania Fusilier

This is my first painted Infinity miniature, a PanOceania Fusilier from the Operation:Icestorm box.
The base is from the Antenocitis "Hex" bases set, which I'll be using for all my PanOs.

I always do a test model first, to try out what colors I want, before painting a larger batch in one go. This lucky Fusilier got to be my guinea pig:



I'm pretty happy with him. Still, there's a few things I'd like to do differently:
  • The eyes. Seriously, I used to know how to do that!
  • The white highlights at the edges. I can't be asked to redo the whole thing, but I'm wondering whether a very bright blue wouldn't look better than the white. It's kinda... snowy... this way, and they're not supposed to be on a snow world (as the base should demonstrate)
  • The gun. That is definitely getting changed. I'll try another way of painting it on the next few models, then redo them in the style I like best.
  • The lips. I just don't like how they turned out.

All in all, it's nowhere near the masterpieces you see on many of the blogs and forums, but it's decent tabletop standard and the exaggerated highlights make the model POP like crazy at a tabletop gaming distance.

Next up: The rest of the O:I PanOs, along with gorgeous Jeanne d'Arc from the Giraldez Painting book. Let's see how long this takes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen